Unavoidable School Closure
Every effort will be made to keep school open at all times, but regard to children’s safety must take precedence. If an event arises during the day that results in the decision to close school, the following procedure will apply:
- The local situation will be monitored by the school. Advice from police and ‘Safer Travel’ in charge of the school buses will be sought. The school will respond to their advice.
- Pupils will be informed of the need to close school. Senior staff will brief each year group and help them make arrangements to get home.
- Pupils will be allowed to leave school once they have spoken to a parent about arrangements made for going home. Where arrangements can’t be made, the child will stay in school until arrangements for them to go home are in place.
- After school clubs/ detentions will be postponed.
- We would ask that parents have an action plan organised in advance if the school were to close part way through the day in terms of where your child should go.
In the event of school closure and on subsequent days:
A decision will be made as early as possible either the evening before or first thing in the morning (before 7:30am) as to whether school will remain open or close. Information will be:
- Published on the school website.
- Broadcast on BBC Radio Lancashire (95.5 103.9 & 104.5FM and 855 & 1557MW.)
- Message via eSchools – (text to parents)
- Message via on Twitter (please go to https://twitter.com/longridgehigh or search for longridgehigh to follow our twitter feed)